An article published by Times of India on May 8, 2016 mentioned, Data scientists earning more than CAs, engineers” from Gartner to IDC, everyone has predicted the demand for data and analytics resources will reach millions of jobs globally, but only one-third of those jobs will be filled. The emerging role of data scientist is meant to fill that skills gap.
Big data often refers to data sets that are so large or complex that traditional data processing applications are inadequate.
While the term big data is relatively new, the act of gathering and storing large amounts of information for eventual analysis is ages old. The concept gained momentum in the early 2000s when industry analyst Doug Laney articulated the now-mainstream definition of big data as the three Vs:
- Volume – Organizations collect data from a variety of sources, including business transactions, social media and information from sensor or machine-to-machine data. In the past, storing it would’ve been a problem but new technologies (such as Hadoop) have eased the burden.
- Velocity – Data streams at an unprecedented speed and must be dealt with in a timely manner. RFID tags, sensors and smart metering are driving the need to deal with torrents of data in near-real time.
- Variety -“ Data comes in all types of formats from structured, numeric data in traditional databases to unstructured text documents, email, video, audio, stock ticker data and financial transactions.
However challenges include analysis, capture, data curation, search, sharing, storage, transfer, visualization, querying, updating and information privacy. For Big data to be analyzed for insights that lead to better decisions and strategic business moves, one would need a data scientist.
The term often refers simply to the use of predictive analytics or certain other advanced methods to extract value from data, and seldom to a particular size of data set. Accuracy in big data may lead to more confident decision-making, and better decisions can result in greater operational efficiency, cost reduction and reduced risk.
Big Data is one of the hottest topics in the tech world. Hadoop being the top technology on Big data, itâ€™s relevance comes from its potential to disrupt the old ways of managing and processing data. However, without training, it is difficult to fully operationalize, analyze, or productize all your data. The most successful big data organizations are staffed by trained experts who can leverage best practices to execute faster and more effectively. Here’s your chance to be a Big Data Hadoop Expert by taking the carefully selected courses below:
Hadoop Administration training for System Administrators is designed for technical operations personnel whose job is to install and maintain production Hadoop clusters in real world. We will cover Hadoop architecture and its components, installation process, monitoring and troubleshooting of the complex Hadoop issues. The training is focused on practical hands-on exercises and encourages open discussions of how people are using Hadoop in enterprises dealing with large data sets.
At the end of Hadoop Administration training course, the participants will:
- Understand Hadoop main components and Architecture
- Be comfortable working with Hadoop Distributed File System
- Understand MapReduce abstraction and how it works
- Plan Hadoop cluster
- Deploy and administer Hadoop cluster
- Optimize Hadoop cluster for the best performance based on specific job requirements
- Monitor a Hadoop cluster and execute routine administration procedures
- Deal with Hadoop component failures and recoveries
- Get familiar with related Hadoop projects: Hbase, Hive and Pig
- Know best practices of using Hadoop in enterprise world
Apache Hadoop, the open source data management software that helps organizations analyze massive volumes of structured and unstructured data, is a very hot topic across the tech industry. This course enables you to use this technology and to become industry ready. Out of attending this course, a developer/architect can use Apache Hadoop with full confidence.
In this course, the partcipants will learn:
- What is Big Data
- What is Hadoop and why is it important
- Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Hadoop Deployment
- Hadoop Administration and Maintenance
- Hive, Hbase, Flume, Sqoop, Oozie and Pig
Springpeople is also Hortonworks certified Education delivery partner. #BeTheExpert and know more on how to be a Hortonworks Certified Adminstrator, Apache Pig & Hive Developer, or a Data Science expert with us.