Did you know that attrition rates are higher in companies that do not offer corporate training? In fact, various studies show that 25 percent employees quit in the first quarter literally draining the onboarding investments. Absence of employee development programs is a major contributor here. Employee see training as an investment that the employer is willing to make towards their growth. We couldn’t agree more. At SpringPeople, we also believe that training must be ongoing, relevant and adapt to changing times to make the impact it is intended for.
However, it is not enough to just have a Training Team or a Training Provider on standby to upgrade employee skills. At SpringPeople, all training sessions are approached systematically and with crisp focus. Based on our 1500 (and counting) successful training delivered, we offer the top 10 attributes that will make any training session effective.
1. Pre-Training Assessment: A needs assessment is a training prelude and helps trainers, the company and trainees get the most out of the entire experience. Learning outcomes, audience skill level, and transferability are just some top aspects that need direct discussion. At SpringPeople, we work with pre-created content but a pre-training assessment helps our trainers prepare practice sessions based on the existing skills of participants. Miss this step and all involved parties lose time and money.
2. Define Objectives: When trainers at SpringPeople commence their sessions, they outline the training objectives. We highly recommend this to help trainees zone in on the session. While most sessions are pre-announced, it helps to define what the trainer hopes to achieve for the trainees through the sessions.
3. Relevancy: This is a given but often most overlooked. Using outdated information/data can have a negative impact on profitability and growth. A good training session is well researched and includes most recent information. When you work with an established training provider like SpringPeople accuracy and relevancy come built-in to the training experience.
4. Engaging Content: This one is simple but often needs work. An interesting training replete with anecdotes, real-work examples, and findings presented in a user-friendly way will keep the audience enthralled. All things complex need not be boring. Our clients most enjoy the fact that complex concepts are presented and explained simply and interestingly.
5. Live Demonstration: There is no reason to skip a live session on how to apply the training skills. This helps trainees relate better and ask questions. Practice opportunities during the session allow for better learning.
6. Small, Effective Sessions: Good training is one that is effective, among other things. The best way to ensure that is to avoid information dumping. If you are going to train on Mobile Technologies, you cannot train about all available technologies or the latest developments on the same day. Keep the training session short, tackling one concept at a time to ensure the information sticks!
7. Expertise: Rich content presented by an inexperienced trainer will leave trainees clueless and make the training session worthless. A trainer who has worked with the subject matter is definitely more qualified to talk about the concept! Trainers at SpringPeople have years of experience teaching technologies they train and their intense sessions speak for themselves.
8. Feedback Loop : It is important the participants have a way to communicate if they have questions, need clarifications or would like more information. This is especially relevant for an online eLearning session. For their online sessions, trainers at SpringPeople often define when and how they’d be able to address concerns.
9. Collaborative Learning: The best learning experiences today are collaborative in nature. For online sessions, technological feasibility must be in place for interactive sessions between peers and trainers. This facilitates the learning process even after the session is over if the session is posted online for later access.
10. Post-Training Support: The biggest dent to an effective training session is the absence of post-training support. Participants at SpringPeople reach out to our trainers, often days and weeks after the training, for clarifications. This kind of support is vital in offering a complete training experience. It doesn’t cost much and ensures loyalty.
We like to lead by example in all that we do. All training at SpringPeople follow the pre-discussed attributes. It comes as no surprise then that we have happy clients who confirm our training sessions to be career boosters. Read more about our Corporate Training here.