Over the years, the value of a college degree has had proven staying power. The “piece of paper” as often referred to, does have value for demonstrating a person’s ability to commit to and achieve a significant education goal if it’s from a reputable school. Although everyone has several examples of successful senior executives and strategic thinkers without the four-year degrees, these tend to be both exceptions and exceptional individuals. Certifications, on the other hand, can give one an edge and are useful for demonstrating that a candidate has the interest in a particular field and the ability to test well. Also, certification has found its way into almost every industry for a reason: It helps advance the profession.
One key strategy for job-seeking in the high-tech industry is to obtain professional certification. Short of obtaining a two- or four-year degree in information technology, certification can be one of the more valuable additions to your resume. What many people don’t know is that certification can increase the odds of on-the-job employee innovation.
SpringPeople is a global corporate training provider for high-end and emerging technologies, methodologies and products. SpringPeople is the only and exclusive master partner for Pivotal, Elastic, Lightbend, and Mulesoft in India. Additionally, Spring people is the education delivery partner of Hortonworks, EMC, VMware, and RSA. SpringPeople brings authentic, certified training, designed and developed by the people who created the technology, to Corporates and Development/IT Professionals community in India.
The right certification can provide value in many ways, including the following:
- Most obvious is that the certification itself is a strong credential that helps illustrate your knowledge in a specific technology.
- By their nature, certifications are generally designed in a way that provides a wide variety of topics. When using a technology in the workplace, you tend to always use the same set of configuration options, commands, and procedures primarily cause if you know the success mantra why to spoil it and second your technical environment tends to drive you toward specific types of product usages and automation. As a result, it becomes very hard to develop expertise in all features/options within the technology.
- Certification preparation can provide the motivation needed to set aside the time and energy needed to truly study a topic.
- If you are currently knowledgeable about the topic, studying for a certification can raise your conceptual understanding of the technology.
- The organization through which you received your certification training is generally an ongoing source of information, networking, and career development.
- Many certifications require a specified amount of continuing education to maintain your certification. This ongoing educational requirement provides additional motivation to keep current on your industry.
- A good certification course should not only educate your mind but it should also give you hands-on experience. The courses should provide learning opportunities that are internet-based and lab-based. Certification programs should provide different levels of training, such as Associate, Specialist, or Expert. The end result should translate into a marketable set of knowledge and experiences that prove that you can walk the high-tech walk.
- After completing your certification, your training/study materials can be a great technical reference and job-aid to assist you in your daily work.
- Very often certification training includes the use of hands-on and/or simulated instruction. This ability to play with the technology in a non-production environment allows you to try new things and experiment with the technologies without the worry of causing harm to your production environment.
- Last but not the least certifications from a trusted source, where you can cash in on all available resources, is a huge confidence builder and adds glory to your resume
Bottom line, certification gives recognition of competency, shows commitment to the profession, and helps with job advancement. #BeTheExpert & get certified in your chosen technology with SpringPeople.
Being ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 10002:2014 certified, SpingPeople aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system.