So, in our last blog post, we have provided you with the details of the Salesforce certifications for Architects which comprised three tiers and nine credentials. As a continuation of the previous article, we will cover the remaining five categories of Salesforce certifications catering to five different types of skill sets in the following blog posts.
Our Previous blog – Salesforce Certification – Part 2 – For Architects
In this article, we have taken a detailed look at the Salesforce certifications aimed at accommodating the skill sets of App Builders and Implementation Experts.
Salesforce Certifications For App Builders
Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
Designed for application developers, this certification validates the expertise of professionals who have demonstrated knowledge and skills in designing, building, and implementing custom applications using the declarative customization features of the Force.com platform.
This certification tests one’s expertise in the following areas:
- Design of data model, user interface, business logic, and security for custom applications
- Customization of applications for mobile devices
- Design of reports and dashboards
- Deployment of custom applications
To qualify and earn the Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder credential, you have to take an exam comprising 60 multiple-choice questions to be solved within 105 minutes and you have to score 63%. The registration fee is $200.
Salesforce Certifications For Implementation Experts or Consultants
Implementation Experts possess deep knowledge and industry expertise on Sales or Service Cloud products. They are also responsible for designing the appropriate CRM solution for clients and managing the implementation project to deliver impactful results.
Salesforce credentials for Consultants verify your skills to blend technical expertise with specific Salesforce products, validate your experience in applying that knowledge to solve real-world business problems. Salesforce-certified Implementation Experts or Consultants are treasured contributors to the success of Salesforce customers.
Salesforce offers six different credentials to testify various skill sets of the Implementation Experts.
Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
Targeted at professionals who have exposure to implementing Service Cloud solutions in a customer-facing role, this credential proves your skills to design and implement maintainable and scalable Service Cloud solutions suiting to the requirements of the customer.
The qualifying exam for the Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant credential tests your knowledge of:
- Designing contact center solutions leveraging the knowledge base, cases, and portals
- Designing interaction channels and building interfaces that can maximize agent productivity
- Managing data and designing analytics to track key industry metrics
This proctored Salesforce certification exam, which can be taken onsite or online, is a 105-minute-multiple-choice exam consisting of 60 questions. The passing score required is 68%. The exam charges a registration fee of $200.
Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
This certification testifies your ability to successfully design and implement maintainable Sales Cloud solutions that can be scaled up or down depending on the customer requirements. The Salesforce certification exam for Sales Cloud Consultant assesses professionals who have experience in implementing Sales Cloud solutions in a customer-facing role based on their knowledge of:
- Designing Sales and Marketing solutions to fulfill business demands
- Designing interfaces and applications to maximize user productivity
- Managing data and designing analytics for tracking key Sales Cloud metrics
To earn the Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant credential, you must pass the qualifying exam by answering 60 multiple-choice questions within 105 minutes and securing 68% which is mandated as the passing score.
Salesforce Certified Pardot Consultant
This credential verifies your skills to design and implement solutions leveraging Pardot’s marketing automation features that cater to the business requirements of the customers and meet their long-term engagement goals.
The concepts you need to grasp to pass the Salesforce certification exam for Pardot Consultants are as follows:
- Management of data, users, and prospects
- Maintaining and customization of the Salesforce Integration
- Building automation tools, emails, and forms
You need to pass a multiple-choice exam consisting of 60 questions to be completed in 90 minutes and score 70% to acquire the Salesforce Certified Pardot Consultant credential.
Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant
If you have the skills to effectively set up and implement the tools in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, offering solutions to execute strategic and tactical email campaigns, the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant credential is the one that proves your expertise to your potential employers.
The Salesforce certification exam for this credential evaluates your knowledge and ability to:
- Incorporate various tools like content areas, portfolio, automation, segmentation, and tracking
- Configure account setup and administration
- Define as well as execute email data interactions
- Take data-driven decisions for optimizing customer solutions
- Troubleshoot platform issues
The 90-minute-long exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions and mandates a passing score of 68%. The registration fee is $200.
Salesforce Certified Field Service Lightning Consultant
This certification validates your ability to successfully configure and administer a Salesforce application meeting the requirements of the customer field service operation. This credential is aimed at the Salesforce employees, Partners, and Salesforce Customers, willing to demonstrate their skills, and ability to implement Field Service Lightning solutions and Salesforce Service Cloud in a customer- facing role.
The certification exam tests your knowledge of:
- Building work order processes, templates, and parameters
- Escalating, troubleshooting, and resolving cases based on field service scenarios
- Applying procedural concepts to setup entitlement process
- Managing and tracking asset installation, movement, and decommission processes
- Difference between Field Service Mobile and SalesForce1 capabilities
- Configuring Field Service app for supporting key business processes
The exam has a duration of 90 minutes and consists of 60 multiple-choice questions. You must score 70% to pass the Salesforce certification exam and earn the Salesforce Certified Field Service Lightning Consultant credential.
Salesforce Certified Community Cloud Consultant
This certification proves your ability to implement, consult on Salesforce Communities applications in a customer-facing role. The Salesforce Certified Community Cloud Consultant credential is also a testimony to your capabilities to troubleshoot and solve platform issues.
To qualify the Salesforce certification exam you need to have an in-depth knowledge of:
- Creating, enabling, configuring, and managing membership, and deploying communities
- The difference of capabilities of various license types
- Configuring the community management console
- The communities infrastructure
- Employing build options
This certification exam, proctored by Salesforce, comprises 60 multiple-choice questions to be solved within 90 minutes. The qualifying score to earn the Salesforce Certified Community Cloud Consultant credential is 57%.
In this part of the blog series covering different types of Salesforce certifications, we have focused on the credentials concerning App Builders and Implementation Experts. Our next blog post will attempt to throw light on the other categories of Salesforce certifications targeting Marketers, CPQ Specialists, and Pardot Experts.