Mobile technology may seem to be a trendy, cool thing in this era of smartphones but it is much more than just a statement for the emerging small businesses. Mobile technology has the potential to exponentially increase the reach of small businesses impacting the entire small and medium enterprises (SME) scenario.
A study conducted by the Boston Consulting Group, in collaboration with Qualcomm, has revealed that the top 25% of the SMEs that adopted mobile technology have seen two times the revenue growth and have created eight times more jobs. The productivity and utility of mobile apps have enabled small scale entrepreneurs to accomplish what they otherwise could not. Apart from adding value to the growth of SMEs, mobile technology has also provided new avenues to the small business owners to drive innovation.
Lets have a look at how small scale firms are using mobile technology testing to enrich customer experiences and boost sales:
- Many businesses that collaborate with local stores use geo-location technology for their mobile apps to design the perfect pitch for their customers.
- Small businesses leverage mobile fin-tech services to provide their customers to make payments from any location.
- Emerging businesses use Google Analytics and other such tools to gather user data
- which in turn help them analyze and gain insights on consumer behaviour trends.
- Some businesses use cloud technology for data backups thereby saving lot of space in physical servers and driving cost efficiency.
Mobile technology has significantly altered the way business is conducted. A poll, conducted by AT&T and the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council in 2014, evidently shows that business owners save 2 billion hours each year by managing operations through smartphones and tablets while majority of the small businesses that use mobile apps save an average of $6,000 a year.
SpringPeople brings the learning paths in three different modules for experienced developers and architects who wish to be an expert in mobile technologies.