As we have understood from our previous article that Salesforce has created quite a buzz in the technology industry. With new customers signing contracts every single day, more and more Salesforce Administrators, Developer and Consultants are in demand.
Salesforce has emerged as a matured career path. Most Fortune 500 companies are looking for professionals who are skilled in Salesforce, with hands-on experience and a proven knowledge of the platform. In short, Salesforce certified professionals are one of the most sought-after kinds in the industry.
Now, as a continuation of our previous blog post, let’s take a look at the different types of Salesforce certifications. In the previous article, we have discussed the Administrator and the Developer tracks of the Salesforce credentials. In this part, we will consider the Salesforce certification tracks designed for Architects.
Salesforce Certifications For Architects
The Salesforce certifications for Architects consist of three tiers of certification, namely the Salesforce Architecture Designer, the Salesforce Certified Application Architect and System Architect certifications and the Salesforce Certified Technical Architect. Each designed to recognize and promote your skills and specializations within the Salesforce platform. Salesforce offers nine different certifications for the Architects with the Salesforce Certified Technical Architect credential being the most sophisticated, comprising the pinnacle of the pyramid (Refer image below).
Salesforce Certified Architecture Designers are acknowledged for their expertise in a specific domain while Salesforce Certified Domain Architects demonstrate their skillfulness in architecture across a number of domains. Salesforce Certified Technical Architects are recognized for their skills and capabilities to design and build high-performance technical solutions on the Force.com platform across all domains.
Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer
The Salesforce certification for Sharing and Visibility Designer verifies the candidate’s skills to estimate the architecture requirements besides testifying their expertise to design scalable, and high-performing technical solutions on the Force.com platform that meet sharing and visibility requirements. It is suitable for candidates who have experience in communicating solutions and designing trade-offs to businesses and IT stakeholders.
To earn the credential, one has to demonstrate their knowledge in the following areas:
- Creation of ownership-based and criteria-based sharing rules
- Organization-wide defaults
- Understanding of different types of licenses
- Fundamentals of role hierarchy
The exam (registration fee = $400) consists of 60 multiple-choice questions to be completed within 120 minutes. The certification mandates a score of 68% in the qualifying exam.
Salesforce Certified Mobile Solutions Architecture Designer
The certification validates the skill sets of specialists who design and implement scalable mobile solutions on the Force.com platform. Suitable for professionals having experience in communicating solutions and designing trade-offs to businesses, the Salesforce Certified Mobile Solutions Architecture Designer credential proves your expertise to analyze and understand the architecture environment, design mobile solutions and implement them on the Force.com platform meeting the client or business requirements.
Consisting of 60 multiple-choice questions to be completed within 120 minutes, the qualifying exam tests your knowledge of the following:
- The differences between Native, Salesforce1, HTML5 and Hybrid mobile architectures
- The process via which a customer can choose between Salesforce1 solution and a Customer Mobile Solution
- Essential concepts of the Salesforce1 app and its configuration/customization options
- The process of enhancing mobile solution capabilities via connected devices (e.g., Wearables, iBeacons)
The registration fee is $400 and Salesforce mandates a passing score of 68%.
Salesforce Certified Integration Architecture Designer
This credential is particularly beneficial for integration specialists who conceive and design scalable and sound technical solutions on the Force.com platform that cater to the end-to-end integration requirements. In a typical day-to-day routine, an Integration Architecture Designer evaluate the architecture environment, assess the requirements and design technical solutions on the Force.com platform that are scalable and meet all the end-to-end integration requirements.
Earning the Salesforce Certified Integration Architecture Designer credential requires a professional to have served as a technical architect on multiple complex deployments or having exposure to high-end architecture projects.
To offer this certification, Salesforce evaluates a candidate on the basis of his/her understanding of the following concepts:
- Web Services in general and SOAP and REST specifically;
- Basic workings of HTTP/S
- The different types of Force.com APIs and the ability to design solutions using the appropriate API
- Essentials of data migration considerations, design trade-offs, and common ETL tools
- Common integration patterns used on the Force.com platform
- Patterns/mechanisms for securing integrations such as TLS for HTTP
You have to attempt the Salesforce certification exam (the registration fee is $400) comprising 60 multiple-choice questions with an allotted time of 90 minutes and secure 67% to earn the Salesforce Certified Integration Architecture Designer credential.
Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Designer
This certification evaluates and verifies the skill sets of professionals who design high-performing solutions on the Force.com platform to meet the Single Sign-on (SSO) requirements. The Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Designer credential testifies a candidate’s understanding of the architecture environment and assesses a professional’s capabilities based on the following criteria:
- Knowledge of configuration requirements of delegated authentication
- Comprehension of configuration requirements of SAML
- Understanding of when to use service provider initiated and IDP initiated
- Ability to understand and describe provisioning and de-provisioning related to OAuth, SAML, and OpenID Connect
Salesforce certification exam for Identity and Access Management Designer contains 60 multiple-choice questions that have to be completed within 120 minutes. The exam (registration fee = $400) can be taken onsite or online and mandates a passing score of 65%.
Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
This credential proves a developer’s skills to implement management solutions on the Force.com platform that fulfill all the development and deployment requirements. The knowledge and experience required to pass the Salesforce certification exam for Lifecycle and Deployment Designer, comprising 60 multiple-choice question with a completion time of 90 minutes, are:
- Experience in development and project lifecycle methodologies
- Exposure to providing requirements traceability via a project’s lifecycle
- Knowledge of Salesforce and third-party application development lifecycle tools
- Solid understanding of test plan design and evaluation techniques
The registration fee for the qualifying exam is $400 and the qualifying score to earn the Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer credential is 68%.
Salesforce Certified Data Architecture and Management Designer
Designed for Data Architects, who develop high-performing, scalable enterprise data management solutions on the Force.com platform, this certification proves one’s skills to evaluate business requirements and architecture needs device solutions pertaining to enterprise data management.
The concepts based on which a professional is evaluated in the Salesforce certification exam for Data Architecture and Management Designer are:
- Understanding of platform-specific design patterns and key limits
- Clear idea of mitigation strategies, large data volume considerations, and risks
- Knowledge of LDV considerations with communities
- Skills to design a data and sharing model to support an LDV environment
- Grasp of data movement best practices in an LDV environment
- Knowledge of strategies to build an optimized and high-performing solution
This proctored Salesforce certification exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 90 minutes. The qualifying score is 67%. The registration fee for the exam is $400.
Salesforce Certified System Architect
The Salesforce certification for System Architects verifies experienced professionals’ skills and expertise related to testing, governance, and integration of the Force.com platform to other external systems. Designed for experienced developers, the Salesforce Certified System Architect credential is offered to candidates who have earned the following credentials:
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
- Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Designer
- Salesforce Certified Integration Architecture Designer
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
Once a candidate successfully fulfills all the above-mentioned prerequisites, he/she can be granted with the Salesforce Certified System Architect credential.
Salesforce Certified Application Architect
The Salesforce Certified Application Architect credential stands as a testimony to one’s in-depth knowledge of native Salesforce features and functionality along with the ability to develop a data model, a role hierarchy model, and appropriate sharing mechanisms.
To become a Salesforce Certified Application Architect, a candidate must possess all the below mentioned credentials:
- Salesforce Certified Data Architecture and Management Designer
- Salesforce Certified Sharing & Visibility Designer
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
The Salesforce Certified Application Architect is granted only after all four prerequisites have been completed successfully.
Salesforce Certified Technical Architect
This is the highest tier and the top most credential within the Salesforce Architects track. Salesforce Certified Technical Architects are testified for their broad knowledge across multiple development platforms and leverages their experience and skills to assess the architecture and customer requirements to design high-performance technical solutions that are secure and can maximize the potential of the Salesforce platform.
Being one of the most sought-after credentials, this certification program demands candidates have earned the Salesforce Certified Application Architect credential and Salesforce Certified System Architect credential to be eligible to become a Salesforce Certified Technical Architect. Additionally, the candidates have to pass a 4-hour multiple-choice exam. The registration fee for the exam is $6000.
In this part, we have touched upon the type of Salesforce certifications that are designed for Architects, whose skill sets revolve around designing and developing solutions for various enterprise requirements.
In our attempt to provide you with a detailed idea of the different types of Salesforce certifications, we will cover the remaining Salesforce credential tracks in the following blog posts.